Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Madrid has Stolen My Heart

The start of this trip was a bit rough (to say the least). I felt like an alien of foreign soil, culturally shocked and isolated. To escape such a psychologically depressed state, I signed up for Tours. Yes, that's all it took. A free tour and a Tapas tour, which introduced me to people I'll never, ever forget.

Although of friendships are timed and physically brief, I appreciate their kindness and shared openness. Together, we made memories I'll never forget.

Madrid has introduced me to a prideful culture, one with immense historical background, beautiful language and people. With breathtaking landscapes and intricate stories to match them, I'd recommend this city to everyone, even if they were to say for just a week (like myself).

I hope to continue to learn and grow in the DR just like I have here. Oh, and of course; surf like a badass. My Spanish is getting better and my relationships broader.

The traveling life is the best life.

No comments:

Post a Comment